Bittersweet Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cupcakes
Makes 18 cupcakes
- 8 oz. 60% cocoa bittersweet chocolate, divided8 oz. 60% cocoa bittersweet chocolate, divided
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Clover honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 pint raspberries
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. Cut 2 ounces of chocolate into 18 pieces; set aside. Place 6 ounces of coarsely chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave 30 seconds on high; stir well. Microwave 30 seconds more on high and stir until all lumps are gone. If more melting is necessary, microwave in 10 second increments and stir until all lumps are gone. Chocolate should not become too warm.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream butter until fluffy. Add honey and melted chocolate; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time.
4. Add half of the reserved dry ingredients to the butter mixture; mix on low until just combined. With mixer running on low, slowly add the buttermilk. Add remaining dry ingredients until just combined.
5. Place a Tablespoon of batter in the bottom of each paper-lined muffin tin. Add one piece of chocolate and 2 to 3 raspberries to each cup. Fill muffin tins two-thirds full with remaining batter. Bake 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean. Remove to wire rack; cool.
Frost with Bittersweet Chocolate Frosting, if desired.
Bittersweet Chocolate Frosting
Makes enough for 18 cupcakes
- 1/4 cup Clover honey
- 8 oz. 60% cocoa bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons seedless raspberry jam, optional
1. Combine honey and chocolate in a medium bowl, set aside. In small, heavy pan, heat whipping cream over medium heat until bubbles just begin to form. Pour over honey-chocolate mixture and allow to stand for 2 minutes. Stir until smooth; cool. Refrigerate until chilled, 1 to 2 hours.
2. With an electric mixer, beat chocolate mixture until frosting is fluffy.
Serving Suggestion: *Any mild-flavored honey such as Clover may be used.
Recipes from The National Honey Board